Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's the Little Things...

 How many of us really focus on the things that make us happy in the moment? Well first we have to be IN the moment in order to realize if and when we're happy.  Then, the more we're not living in the past, or for the future, we can figure out what it means to be truly present in the moment.  Present means not thinking about what we're going to do later, tomorrow, next week or next year.  It means noticing all the details about where we are, what we're doing, and with whom we're doing them. It means being aware of the little things, interactions, and situations that make our hearts smile and warm from the inside out.  We do a lot of things that don't do this, and those should also be noted, however, we should always treasure the ones that do bring those feelings.  We should cherish them and repeat them as often as we can because when we're happy, we have the ability to pass on that positive, loving energy to everyone around us, and that is what helps the world to be a better place.
  It's interesting that these little happiness' came into my consciousness as I was sitting here enjoying all the Christmas decorations that I put up this weekend.  It's always been amazing to me how much they make me so happy!  I'm a true lover of lights, and I think it transports me to childhood with all the happy, cozy, peaceful memories that I have from that time.  Truth is I have no idea why I love them so much, but I'm so glad that I do because it really is the little things in life that can bring us so much happiness. In the past I've worked so hard in search of so much material stuff and success, and it was never enough.  At times I've had lots and that didn't usually make me happy, or little, which also made me feel a sense of lacking...Funny thing is, no matter in which situation was my life, I was still made so happy and peaceful around Christmas decorations!  Subconsciously, on my patio, I've created Christmas lights all the time with a couple strings of flower lights. I call my patio my Tree House and the lights are one of the things that make it such a comfortable place to be.  I'm going to start doing this more in my life, shall we say, "Christmas all the Time"!!  My goal now is to recognize the little happiness', and figure out a way to incorporate them more often into me life! 

Cheers to the Little Things!!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment