So I do not like to admit it but, I put expectations on everything that I've done. This could be everything from the places I've lived, to the people I've spent time with, to the things that I've bought at the store. I spent the time, money and effort to get what I think is going to be a specific benefit or outcome, and a good amount of the time I found myself Disappointed. When you take the time to plan things out in your head before it happens, chances are it's not going to play out in exactly that way. This leaves room for stresses, anxiety, disappointment, frustration, annoyance and all those other fun emotions that come out when we don't get what we want or expect. It makes it harder to just go with the flow...
Looking back on the ways that my plans have "failed", and where they've helped me to be right now, has helped me to see that Everything Happens for a Reason. When I changed my viewpoint of failure, I started to become open to new and exciting opportunities that were soon to come my way. I started to slowly become more flexible and after a short while I wanted to plan things less and less. I've actually gotten to the point now where I've accepted that I don't have to know where I'm going to be in 5 years, or what I'm doing tomorrow for that matter. When I'm not planning the future, I have more fun focusing on what I'm doing today!
I'd heard many times, live in the present moment, live for today, but I never took the time to understand why that would be more beneficial to me. In fact, I rejected that thinking because it made me nervous...very nervous...if I planned, then I was, at least in my mind, controlling the outcome. Truth is, we never have control, and we never will have control, because life is Out of our control. The outcomes are never as expected because circumstances beyond our control always impact our plan. I believe now from the bottom of my heart that our creator has a plan for us, and that plan is amazingly better then I could even begin to imagine myself! I'm trying to internalize the idea that the unknown is fun and exciting, and as i do this, my life has gotten better and better! Letting go of control also lets go of the weight on our shoulders and that is the most freeing thing that I've experienced to date!!
Look forward to talking to you tomorrow...maybe! hehe
Love and happiness,
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment