Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Can You Be Alone?

Interesting observation ...
  Today was a very fun and busy day that included teaching a great yoga class this morning, lunch with the amazing boyfriend, afternoon girl time with a great girlfriend, followed by putting together one of my favorite meals over a great conversation with the Dad guy! All things that I love to do! This was also following a bunch of similar days with more fun and friends... I'm a lucky lucky girl!!
  Right now, as I'm sitting down for the evening, I really begin to notice the energy that it takes to interact with people, even those we love, and am getting a hint of needing some ALONE time.  What? ME??? Alone time? Huh?!?@#%$%^ Haha...  It brings me back to the times in my life where I would do anything possible to not be alone. I wanted to fill my time so I didn't get bored, or didn't Feel alone, so I constantly fill my time to the point where I was never alone.  As I started my journey I was forced to be alone much more then I wanted. It didn't take long before it got easier to adjust to my new location and single status to where I could once again begin to fill my schedule.  As I think of it now, it comes to my attention that I started to enjoy being by myself right about the time I made the decision to become a yoga teacher, which was even more of a life change then I'd just made. Hmmm....since teacher training (the last 1.5 years), I've had a huge amount of time to myself that I've filled with reading, learning, writing and relaxing! I'm so happy now to be alone because I'm just that, Happy!  I think that a huge portion of my spiritual understanding and growth has come from the quality alone time that I've spent with myself.  It's interesting to realize now that when I fill my schedule like I used to, even with all fun and wonderful things happening, I am actually now missing my alone time.  This is a reassurance for me today that I need to always continue to make time to myself, to check in with me, to make sure my path is making me happy, and to appreciate all the wonderful things that are happening in my life!! 
If you hate being alone, are you happy?

Wishing you all many days of joy filled Alone Time!!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment