I've made a new commitment to nature! After a wonderful Sunday trip to Brazos Bend national park, I've decided that I'm going to try to visit the great outdoors at least once a month. By that, I mean get out of town, no traffic noise, no city lights, underneath the big open sky trip back to nature. I'd completely forgotten how calming it is to walk around a hiking trail, and how peaceful it feels to walk barefoot in the grass. I don't think I ever consciously tried to stay away from nature, but I guess in all my bustling city life, I just failed to make time to be in the great outdoors. I liked feeling small and feeling like I fit in as a part of what's natural in this world. It was energizing to see all the animals and hearing their sounds as opposed to the noises of the city and electricity. I felt happy, kind of like a kid again. I was open to amazement and entertainment and I can't wait to go back! When's the last time you went found yourself in nature? If it's been a while, I suggest you take a little trip!
Meet you in the Woods!!
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment